Benefits of Protein for Runners
By Ryan Light, Running/Anxiety Coach
The point of efficiency matters a lot for runners. Let’s take some math into consideration. Any good weight lifter will tell you the squat is the king of all weight lifting exercises. In fact some can power lifters can squat some 1250 pounds. However, when looking at running, runners require lifting much higher than 1250 pounds over time. Assume, a runner weighs 125 pounds (which I’m not). In such instance, he/she will require lifting more than 1250 pounds in ten steps. It is obvious that he/she would not lift that kind of weight in one shot. Let us assume that he/she takes 1500 steps for every mile; in such instance, the runner will be lifting close to 2 million pounds in gradual progression. Even if it is a matter of hypothetical, the numbers are realistic.
The Efficiency of Protein
Calories come in various forms like fat, sugar, as well as protein. Among all these options, proteins get rated as the healthiest for its high efficiency. Protein offers the maximum energy in a form that comes beneficial to the body. Comparing between a gram of protein and sugar, you will find that the same volume of sugar offers much lesser energy than what protein can do. Glucose, the most elementary form of sugar gets converted to energy instantly. This is the reason that triggers the experience of sugar rushes and subsequently a crush. The complex forms of sugar need to be broken down before the body can use it. However, proteins come loaded with energy that the body can use immediately. In addition, the energy from protein last for a longer span as protein offers sustained energy and not a rush.
Compared with fat, calories in protein get utilized instantly. As for fat, the body requires processing it, prior to serving any benefit. By the time the body can reap the benefit of fat, the instant need phase would have passed by. Subsequently, it gets stored around the torso or the hips. On the other hand, proteins would not require alteration prior to serving a purpose. The body cells utilize protein on an immediate basis for rebuilding the body muscles.
Purposes that Protein Serves
Proteins aid in the development of muscles. The body utilizes protein for rebuilding the muscles after you undergo a workout session. In the course of running, innumerable tiny tearing appears in the muscles. Runner’s leg gets fatigued after longer squat. Marathoners find it tough, even to walk, after the complete the round. This happens as innumerable tearing appears in their thighs and calves, in addition to the muscles in the upper portion of the body.
The body keeps on healing these tearing after the activity sessions and it usually takes a day’s time to complete the healing. At this point of time, cells require the supply of adequate protein to repair and rebuild the muscles. Proteins are the necessary resources that the human body requires for building muscle mass. The protein contains the necessary energy in perfect molecular form. The best part about protein is that it provides energy without waste in any form and hence, it boosts the building of muscles and checks the accumulation of fats.
Whey is basically the liquid protein in milk. Its composition includes abundant amino acids that offer manifold health benefits to those individuals, leading an agile lifestyle. This is considered a complete form of protein as it contains all the 3 important amino acids. Grass-fed Whey protein has significant benefits to offer to the athletes as well as to those individuals who leads an active life.
Benefits that Grass-fed Whey Protein Offers
Develop Lean muscle: If you are an athlete or an individual, living a hyperactive lifestyle, you go on tearing body muscles in course of action. The only way to escape this challenge is to have adequate lean muscle. Whey protein supports the development of lean muscles. This, in turn, prevents the chances for Osteoporosis as well as other cardiovascular ailments.
- Supports in maintaining healthy body weight: as a calorie from whey protein gets converted to energy instantly, you can escape the chances of storing the excess calorie in forms of fats. Hence, whey protein will assist you in maintaining healthy body weight.
- Supports faster recovery from post-exercise muscle tearing: After the workout session, you are ought to feel exhausted as there appears extensive tearing the muscles. Adopting whey protein in your diet, you can enhance the inherent recovery rate of the body in this regard.
- Whey protein enables athletes to optimize their performance: as whey protein produces instant energy and speeds up the rate of recovery from muscle tearing, it boosts the performance of the athletes.
- Boost immune system: The biggest advantage in including whey protein in the regular diet is that it boosts the immune system and hence, the body can prevent the attacks of ailments. It protects the body from the external and internal toxins and hence, fosters healthier and happier living.
- Ant-aging benefits: Whey proteins Glutathione that safeguards the healthy body cells from the attacks of the free radicals and oxidants. This agent even reduces inflammation and as such, comes effective in fighting the symptoms of aging. As whey protein aids in the development of lean muscle, it keeps the body in the perfect shape and size. Hence, including whey protein in the regular diet, you can fight back the usual signs of aging.
Nutrology Grass-Fed Whey Protein
Read more about the features and benefits of Nutrology’s Grass-Fed Whey Protein.